Call now (954) 953-5505
At World Eyeglasses Optical in Fort Lauderdale, our primary goal always was and always will be your well being…In these times of uncertainty, we want you to know we are here for your eye care needs.
Towards that end, we are now pleased to announce the launch of our new service ‘Optical to Car’ for our patients and customers for emergency eye care needs. If you need to pick up your eyeglasses, contact lenses, solution or order new glasses, our team is here for you! Just call us to let us know the approximate time of your visit and we will be waiting for you to deliver your order directly to you in your vehicle!
In addition, here at World Eyeglasses Optical, we are doing everything to help you get through this uncertain time with COVID-19 and stay safe.
- Our business is disinfected multiple times a day (not only once a day) and we’ve added additional measures (i.e Doctors Exam room is disinfected before AND after each patient) and are elevating our cleaning procedures to help keep us all healthy.
- We have hand sanitizers available for use, but we ask you to use this with caution. This is not a substitute for hand washing, use it only when hand washing is not an option or as an additional preventative measure.
- We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.
We have shortened the hours of operation (9:00AM~2:00PM M-F) and are limiting the number of people inside our office to 5. Optometrist Dr. Jackie Schwartz O.D. and our staff are here to service your emergency needs for eye care and eyewear. If you have broken, lost or need extra eyewear we are here to help.
Our lens lab is open and most prescriptions can be made the same day.
1. Keep your immune system strong by eating healthy, getting enough sleep and stay healthy and active, and exercise regularly.
2. Skip handshaking, hugs and kisses – a nice smile and a wave will do for now.
3. Wash your hands as frequently as possible when in public, for at least 20 seconds. See video: The 20 second hand wash.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
5. Please stay home if you are sick. This is for the health and safety of others, as well as yourself. If you had a fever yesterday, you should not mingle with other people.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects diligently and often.
7. Cough or sneeze in a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
8. Face masks are most effective when used appropriately
More resources to keep you informed
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Information if you travel
- World Health Organization
- Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE)
Call us (954) 953-5505 in Fort Lauderdale if you need any additional information.
World Eyeglasses Optical Team